Sunday, April 15, 2007

Intelligent designs!



I was going through TED.com when I saw this presentation. I must admit this is one of the most interesting presentation I have seen. Ted's UI design itself is interesting; have a look sometime.

At one of the point David talks of “intelligent design”. I guess that some thing very very important in design. That is one factor that separates a good design from a bad one. Trust me making ‘intelligent’ designs are not easy; the only way one can make is by very good understanding of the problem. As I always say at every step there are multiple solutions; but there are very few (mostly only one) “intelligent” ones. And to get to that solution(s) you have to pass through all the rest. Meticulously evaluating and removing them one by one; and this is no easy task. This is the LOGIC part of the design; one which need analysis and thinking.

Design needs brains; it needs thinking…

No comments: