Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Beaten by Google...

Google came up with Notebook. My Hack Day product concept was very close to this idea. I was beaten by Google. The idea itself is not so unique; but the way a product is thought make it so poweful.

Now I really respect Google. The indeed are innovative and people there definitely have a good eye for observation. Notebook requirement was already there to be recognized, they just made it before I can.

The worst part is that Notebook not only does similar things but does it in a similar fashion to my idea. So the only consolidation I have is to say...if Google with their most innovative team can come up with a product which is so close to my concept (which was done just in a day)...then I'm on the right side of the FENCE. But still my idea goes a little far than Google’s. There is still so much they can do with it...which I’m sure they will. They indeed took my glory :(

But with all respect to innovators of Google...I really take this challenge to beat Google next time. I don’t know if I'll ever accomplish it...but this is my motivation and the driver. The best way to beat them is by "thinking ahead of Time". 'Time' it seems is the most crucial aspect. I have just started my career (I'm doing my final project to complete by Masters in Design)...so I have a long way to go.


Some day...I will be ahead of time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What crap ! What do you think of yourself ? Notepad is an obvious idea any stupid can come with. You guys at Yahoo! don't have innocation.

Kiran

Anonymous said...

What crap ! What do you think of yourself ? Notepad is an obvious idea any stupid can come with. You guys at Yahoo! don't have innovation.

Kiran